The Building Blocks of Modular Casework
Modular casework is comprised of base cabinets, wall cabinets, corner cabinets and storage units. The casework is designed like furniture with the ability to be customized, modified, relocated, and reused while maintaining the look of built-in millwork cabinets. They’re usually designed with CAD or BIM to a customer’s specifications, assembled at the factory, and shipped. When the casework arrives, it’s simply set in place. And if it needs to be moved or reconfigured, it can easily be disassembled and re-assembled because there’s no ganging or blocking and they aren’t permanently anchored to the building.
Benefits of Modular Casework:
- Ease of design: Standard sizes using BIM and Revit models making designing quick and easy.
- Quick turnaround and installation.
- Precision manufactured to industry standard cabinet sizes. Cabinets are designed and constructed with built-in adjustability and changeability of components for flexibility ease of replacement should damage occur.
- Eco-friendly: Casework is reusable and designed with recycled content where applicable.
- Sustainable: Movable casework is LEED and Greenguard Children & Schools certified.
- Lifetime warranty
- Casework cabinets are available in a wide range of heights, widths, and depths
- Table and workstation heights are easily adjustable to accommodate sitting or standing heights
- Casework shelves are adjustable on one inch increments.
- Cost-effective: Since movable casework is reusable, it continues to pay for itself each time you reconfigure or move your cabinets.
- Standard custom designs: Movable casework uses a wide range of standard components, accessories, and finishes that allow you to customize the design of your project to your exact needs.
At HAMILTON custom is our standard
Custom Modular Casework
Modular Casework Components
Modular Casework Base Cabinets
Base cabinets are one of the fundamental units of modular casework. HAMILTON base cabinets can have doors, shelves, drawers, vertical slots, wheels and sorters. Our standard line offers hundreds of height, width and depth variations. These pieces are the best value for the client. However, we can also manufacture cabinets precisely to any specification required by your project’s needs.
Cabinet bodies, doors and kickplates may be made of any combination of laminate, powder-coated steel and stainless steel. Standard materials for our worksurfaces include HPL laminate, phenolic resin, stainless steel, marmoleum and solid surfacing. We provide a wide selection of locks, hinges and handles. In addition to our standard offerings, we have significant experience working with specialty finishes, hardware and surfaces.
Modular Casework Wall Cabinets
HAMILTON wall cabinets may be safely secured to base cabinets, islands or consoles. We also have a rail and bracket procedure for securing them to the wall. The have the appearance of built-in furnishings. However wall cabinets, like all HAMILTON casegoods, can be reconfigured and repurposed as needs change.
HAMILTON offers a wide selection of standard sizes and options for doors, shelves and sorters. There are many standard choices in hardware and finishes. Standard options are the best value for the client, but, HAMILTON can use any appropriate material to finish your casework. Contact our design services team for consultation on the latest fabrications available on the market.
Modular Casework Corner Cabinets
For a true built-in look, HAMILTON manufactures filler pieces for use with base and wall cabinets. Please submit floor plan layouts and consult with our design service team to calculate correct measurements for the filler.
COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTIONS Rigorous Standards
Laminate casework is most often seen in lockers, offices, pharmacies, research centers, schools, school labs, mailrooms and copy rooms, and sorting applications